Cavy Register for Windows Standard Edition
Be sure to check out the
Deluxe Edition of our cavy software.
- System Requirements:
- IBM compatible computer
- Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 is fine as long as it is NOT Windows RT or Windows S, which do not support our software
- SVGA (800x600) required, 1024 x 768 or higher is recommended.
- Program Features:
- Keeps track of all recognized breeds (and other popular breeds such as Coronet Satin, Alpaca and others). Data can be segregated by breed, or can be kept together if you cross-breed.
- The program is a true cavy program, and readily handles unique cavy characteristics, such as the ability to flag animals as satin carriers.
- Simple data entry. When entering the pedigree of a newly-purchased animal,
the program displays a blank pedigree on the screen, and you just fill it in.
The computer prompts you to fill in the required information for each entry.
For instance, while you are entering the color of the cavy, the computer provides a list of all ARBA-accepted varieties for that breed.
- Data for each animal is only entered once, regardless of how many times that cavy appears in a pedigree.
Our pedigrees show ALL vital data, unlike some other programs.
- The Register program keeps track of your cavies, their litters, and their winnings.
- You can easily locate any animal in the database, either by its name, ear number, cage number or registration number, which becomes very useful when you have a large number of animals.
- View the ancestors of an animal, or its full-siblings and half-siblings. Pick an animal or a boar/sow pairing and view their first generation descendants.
- When viewing a pedigree you can display up to 6 generations on the screen at one time, depending upon the capability of your monitor.
- The program easily accommodates more than one animal with the same ear number -- there's no need to 'fake' an ear number, as you have to do with other programs.
- Register automatically calculates the age class of each of your animals, based on its date of birth, the current date, and its weight.
- Register will display your data sorted by name, tattoo, color, age class, and a variety of other choices.
- Register prints cage cards/labels, address labels, mailing lists, receipts, business cards, inventories, breeding certificates, labels for remark cards, and, of course, pedigrees.
- Register gives you many different choices for pedigree formats, including both landscape and portrait orientations.
You may print either standard 3 generation or expanded 4 generation pedigrees.
- Register also provides a standard 3 generation pedigree in HTML format, so that you can email a pedigree or post it on your website.
- Register supports importing and exporting pedigrees - so that all of the paperwork can be transmitted electronically. The buyer of a cavy can then read that information into the program and get a full pedigree with no typing at all!
- Register can include a graphic on your pedigree. Images of any format can be pasted into the program. The program can directly read GIF, JPEG, BMP and WMF files.
- Register provides standard Windows context-sensitive, hypertext-style help. And we provide unlimited free telephone support, too.
- Register keeps track of your income and expenses, letting you view and print them by category and date.
- But don't take our word for it see what our customers think.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your machine, you can view printouts from our program on our sample page.
- Our cavy and rabbit software perform similarly. The information and screens shown in the rabbit register
guided tour are over 95% applicable to cavies, with the cavy screens sometimes showing slightly more information
than the equivalent rabbit screens.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine, you can view similar printouts from our rabbit program on our sample page.
- You can also try out the program at no charge for up to 30 days. Just run the Setup15C.exe file on the Version 15 download page. The demo is the Deluxe Edition. All data entered into the demo version will transfer directly into the purchased version.
If you opt to buy the Standard Edition, all of your data will still remain, just the Deluxe Edition features will disappear.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that the Cavy Register Deluxe Edition provides all of the features of the Standard Edition, plus the features described here.
- Available Breed Lists:
- United States
- Others may be available on request
Before placing an order, be sure to read our on-line ordering information.
To talk to a real, live person, call (413)-499-0426, from 8 AM to 8 PM Eastern Time (except on 7/1: 8 AM to Noon only).
You are Visitor #: 8,570 since November 15, 2014
Last Modified and Validated: 2/10/2019 by Evans Software Services
Copyright © 2020